Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Recipe

I don't know about you, but I get a little tired of the same old, same old holiday party food.  As a remedy I'm posting my Corn Salsa recipe.  Its colorful and fresh and something you can feel good about eating.  My friend Ashley and I came up with this a few years ago and I wanted to share with anyone who wanted to try it.  And its not just for the holidays-- its a great crowd pleaser for any get-together.  A lot of the ingredient amounts can be tweaked to your own taste, but these are the basics. 

Corn Salsa Ingredients:

1 or 2 avocados (I use 2 b/c I LOVE them!)
1 bell pepper (whatever color you like best)
2-3 roma tomatoes
2 cloves minced garlic
1 handful chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
Salt & pepper to taste
2 cans of corn (not cooked, but drained and rinsed)

1 can of black beans (not cooked, but drained and rinsed)
Directions:  Squeeze the lime juice into a bowl.  Slice the avocado in half and remove the seed.  Carefully scoop out the flesh and cut into cubes.  Mix the avocado around in the lime juice making sure it gets good and coated with it.  This will keep the avocado green and pretty--instead of turning brown and unappetizing.  Chop up the bell pepper and tomatoes.  Mix all the ingredients, put it in a pretty bowl, and you're ready to go!  Its beautiful in a white or glass bowl b/c its such a colorful mixture.  I recommend serving it with blue corn chips--yuuummmy!!! 
I'm not sure how many this serves, but it will fill one of the bigger ziploc storage containers.  Sorry I don't have a picture to show how lovely and mouth-watering it is.  Enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment